Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Hermit and Her Cloak. 02/03/15

I stray away from the chaos and madness of society and wrap myself within my red and white cloak. So many people living lives of anger and sadness, unfulfilled in what we’ve made in our society. I long for the solitude and peace away from them all, from humans, from pain, from wishes and hopes no longer granted. I lift the hood of my cloak over my head and remove my shoes, with my lantern brightly illuminating my path I journey into the night, not bothering to look back at what I’m leaving. I know what’s there and I will no longer subject myself to it.
I find myself a cave in the side of the mountain and I stand next to the dying embers of my fire and cocoon myself within my cloak and I cry. I weep for the past I’ve left behind and I mourn for a society so far gone that the colors of the city itself have seeped from the trees, the grass and the sky. I feel my Lady’s presence within my blessed cloak, healing my heart and uplifting my spirits. I ask her if I am indeed doing the right thing by leaving what I know far behind. The dead leaves of winter rustle and are blown around my feet and create a lemniscate from my knees, to my heart and above my head. Yes. She is here. And I have done the right thing.
My lantern is safe within the cave, ever burning and never extinguishing. It has been lit by those before me who have inspired and uplifted me on my path and it is my hope that I may shine that light and inspire others who seek out this light so that their lanterns may be lit and they in turn shall light others, creating a wave through the world of evolution and change. So that this world can become more than it is so that WE may become more than what we are.
Ever seeking and ever diligent, I search for truth. Not the One and only truth that most believe there is, but many truths, hundreds of truths. I search for new perspectives and I find that as I search, my own truths are revealed. I learn about myself in the reflection of others that I meet. I find myself within stories told of ancestors and of their lives they led. Going within myself, within my blessed cloak, I find what I’ve been searching for. That what I search for without I must create first within. Then my reality can be what I make of it, because it will be within my own heart first.
With this knowledge, I am able to return to “civilization” with a better understanding of myself and the path I walk. To me, I am apart of it and yet disassociated all at once. I no longer form myself into what might be expected because I have come to know myself. I am me.





Images Found at:
http://imgkid.com/the-hermit-tarot-art.shtml
http://www.wildcat-studios.com/printgal/tri-9.php
http://1ms.net/the-hermit-325410.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment