Thursday, May 8, 2014

My Wedding Ceremony!




Imbolc
2/2/14
The Hand Fast 

Sean Haun and I got married! We had a Hand Fast that was performed by our High Priest and High Priestess in their yard. It was such a magical experience and I was SO nervous! As soon as the ceremony started though, my nerves melted away and I became so excited. I wore my cloak that Sean had sewed for me as a Yule present and we both wore crowns of lilies that were made for us both to wear on our heads and I had a lily bouquet. 




We entered the circle at noon and to begin they had us face each direction and they blessed us with the corresponding element associated with the direction: North-Air, East-Fire, South-Earth and West-Water. Then they gave us a "taste" of what we should expect from our lives together as a married couple. They had us taste straight lemon juice for bitter times, Cayenne Pepper for Passion, Vinegar for the times of Sorrow and Sugar for the sweet times together. It was SO gross! By the time I added the vinegar to the party in my mouth, I couldn't take it any more so I started spitting it on the ground! Ha ha ha the sugar helped cut through all that intense flavor dancing around on my tongue, but it was still so nasty. Still, if anything at least it brought some laughter to the ceremony so in the end, it was totally worth spitting up on the ground!



Then they tied our hands together with gold rope and then gave us a candle to hold in our fasted hands. The candle was made by the High Priest to capture the energy of the God and the Goddess: red wax and white wax were entwined together in a spiral, two halves making one whole. The hope is that, during our marriage if we find ourselves fighting, bickering or feeling alone we are to burn this candle together, reminding ourselves that we are one, that we are two halves of a whole.




Then came the "I do's" and the famous "You may now Kiss the Bride!"



Then to end the ceremony we "Jumped the Broom" to bring us abundance, fertility and a loving connection between us for our marriage! It was the ceremony I've been wanting for many years and I'm so grateful that the man I married also wanted to have the same ceremony performed for us! It was spiritually uplifting and magical.

The Ceremony was followed by steak at the Out Back Steak House (on Super Bowl Sunday I should add) and then we went to the Anniversary Inn for our wedding night where we literally SLEPT for SO LONG! Ha ha ha we were SO exhausted!  

No comments:

Post a Comment