Monday, October 22, 2012

Queen of Coins- A Writing




Queen of Coins
Legacy of the Divine Tarot
A Writing
07-15-2012

Adorned with the Gold of the Gods
I step out my back door.
Elegant and fair
the sun devours my skin.
Dressed in my finest dress
I kneel in the dirt.
My fingers bury themselves
in the grass
the soil
the leaves,
Nurturing this plot of land
the Goddess intrusted to me.

The hum of the Earth
happily reaches towards my hands,
accepting my invitation to be
and grow.

I stretch and lay down
on my back
my precisely pedicured feet
rooting to the ground on the
cool, clean, freshly cut grass.

Old ancient trees branch out
above my head as 
the sun tries to sneak a peek at me
through the canopy of leaves.

Centuries creep by
as I watch the sun and moon
chase each other 
through the heavens.
Ivy, vines and weeds
have twined themselves
through my lovely red curls,
around my arms and ankles.

I feel the Earth
prompting me:
Allow
Expand
Become
I hear the voices
but don't understand the language.

My body isn't discernible
from this or that anymore.
I feel myself spreading
pulled, nudged and pushed.
I feel the intense pressure
of the Oceans.
I feel the lack of oxygen
in my highest peaks
in the atmosphere.
I feel the imeasurable
agony
from the rape of fire
but delight in my power to grow
when the flames die out.

I travel far 
until I reach where my feet originally started. 
The Earth ends where it began.
I sit up
knowing my body will not.

I ascend to the stars
and I watch
as the the gold I adorned myself  with
from the Gods
glistens and waits
to be found once again.
   

2 comments:

  1. I am very fond of my daughter, and the writer you are! I absolutely enjoyed previewing this writing before you posted it, and I truly love the imagery this writing brought!

    Well done my young friend! Stay the course; I am enjoying your Tarot writing series you have begun!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great BridgeFace! I have thought about starting to write more... Maybe pulling a few Cards and turn it into a story.

    ReplyDelete