Saturday, August 14, 2010

Driving To Work



My drives to my work are always really awesome. I take the freeway up the side of the mountain right at Sunset. With the music filling up the car and the light and colors and cloud formations it can be really amazing. Then when i get to work, i go out on the balcony and sit down outside and just loose myself in the colors and try not to think about the 10 hours of being cooped up under the fluorescent lights in front of a computer screen. it's amazing what a little natural light can do for a person. how much better you can feel in that moment. being outside, underneath the sun, the moon, the stars. outside in the fresh air (well as fresh as city air can be anyhow).


 i was reading about the moon, about how the moons gravitational pull moves the bodies of water across the land. the human body is made up of water anywhere from 55% to 78% depending on body size (as per wikipedia). if the moon's gravity is strong enough to to pull ALL the water in oceans and seas and the like, it most definitely can affect humans! to the ancients and believers out there, hearing this is like, Duh! but there are the skeptics that don't think the moon really does have any real influence to our everyday life.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey kiddo! I would like to see a similar post to this one if you would like to do one, but I'd like to see pictures from your camera! Maybe from your rooftop at sunset, or the stars at night! SLC can be a beautiful city at night, and from up at your viewpoint it should be awesome!

    Would you consider it for your pappa?

    PS- I love your writing, and I am excited to follow your postings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridgie! I love the pictures on this post! The sunset one is awesome! The one with the moons is cool too! I never thought about the affect the moon could have on our bodies that are mostly water!! Interesting! Love it! Write some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I considered this before but only in passing. I never took the time to do some research and document my feelings according to the moon. I wonder what type of affects it has...

    ReplyDelete