Saturday, August 14, 2010

Uncontrolable Water~October 8th, 2006

Sometimes you have to wonder......


I am Trapped.

Stuck in a claustrophobic room.

To small to stand: to move: to breathe

I am Stuck.

The anxiety rushes through my veins

and I lose my self control.

I am Struggling.

These cords that bind me rip into my skin.

I lash out to escape but I lay broken.

I am Paralyzed.

In the room that will take my life

and i hear the water begin to surge.

I am Cold.

The water slowly begins to attack this room.

It pierces and steams against my skin.

The anxiety is dripping with panic

as the water drifts into my ears.

I am Deaf.

My screams have become muted

even to my own ears

and the rushing water becomes louder.

I am Afraid.

My heart beats faster than the sinuous liquid.

My muscles become tense

and burn in the bitter flood.

I am Drowning.

I take one last filling breath of precious air

before i get taken under the sheet of wet silk.

The panic transforms into dread, terror, and loss.

I am Losing.

I strike my fists into the wall

a vain attempt for a single breath

 
a war against something so peaceful

and yet so deadly.

My lungs begin to convulse.

Gasping with a closed mouth.

Thrashing for one last chance.

I will die here.

In this room.

My lungs give in to the taunting

and i breathe in the evil that has captured me.

It smolders my throat, my nose, my eyes.

I cough the water

deeper into my lungs.

The sting is more painful

than the ripping cord digging deeper

into my soggy skin.

I am Fading.

I begin to sink.

Falling to the ground.

Soaked from the inside.

Drifting to the bottom.

My Mind begins to fog: to fade: to die.

a salty tear is lost

in the dark drench.

and a single body coasting on the bottom

of a claustrophobic room.









1 comment:

  1. Hello my friend! Wow! This one was intense and deep. The writing was so well done in this that I actually lived the experience in a way. It makes me wonder how these things get into our heads, and why they are there! Having shared some things with you along these lines, I am glad to see you are using the technique I have used to deal with my brain thoughts as I have been growing... by writing them out where you can look at them... even years later.

    This is four years ago. You would have been 18 or so, and already the depth of your writing compared to where I was at at that age is amazing!

    Even though the subject material was darker, it was beautifully written! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete